Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
Serenity Prayer for Codependents
Grant me the serenity to accept the people I can not change,
|God / Goddess / Great Spirit,
Please help me to access:
the serenity to accept the things I cannot change (life, other people),
The Personal Bill of Rights
2. You have the right to say no to anything when you feel you are not ready or it is not safe.
3. Life should not be motivated by fear.
4. You have a right to all of your feelings.
5. You are probably not guilty.
6. You have a right to make mistakes.
7. There is no need to smile when you cry.
8. You have a right to terminate conversations with people who make you feel put down or humiliated.
9. You can be healthier than those around you.
10. It is OK to be relaxed, playful, and frivolous.
11. You have a right to change and grow.
12. It is important to set limits and be selfish.
13. You can be angry at someone you love.
14. You can take care of yourself, no matter what circumstances you are in.
Original Source Unknown
Characteristics of Adults Shamed in Childhood
1. . . . are afraid of vulnerability and fear exposure of self.
Some possible signs of Hidden Anger
2. Perpetual or habitual lateness.
3. A like for sadistic or ironic humor.
4. Sarcasm, cynicism, or flippancy in conversation.
5. Over politeness, constant cheerfulness, attitude of "grin and bear it."
6. Frequent sighing.
7. Smiling while hurting.
8. Frequent disturbing or frightening dreams.
9. Over controlled monotone speaking voice.
10. Boredom, apathy, lose of interest in things you are usually enthusiastic about.
11. Difficulty in getting to sleep or sleeping through the night.
12. Slowing down of movements.
13. Getting tired more easily than usual.
14. Excessive irritability over trifles.
15. Getting drowsy at inappropriate times.
16. Sleeping more than usual - 12 to 14 hours a day.
17. Waking up tired rather than rested and refreshed.
18. Clenched jaws - especially while sleeping.
19. Facial tics, spasmodic foot movements, habitual fist clenching, and similar repeated acts done unintentionally or unaware.
20. Grinding of the teeth - especially while sleeping.
21. Chronically stiff or sore neck or should muscles.
22. Chronic Depression - extended periods of feeling down for no reason.
23. Stomach ulcers.